Candidate Sourcing: When others hide, we seek
Building and sustaining relationships with the market’s most talented people, even when they’re not looking to change roles: that’s the key to effective candidate sourcing.
But it isn’t easy. Spotting and nurturing elite talent is 24/7 work.
Our virtual sourcing network provides companies with sourcing expertise to rapidly fill niche, high volume, and executive roles anywhere in the world. Each Hudson RPO sourcer brings industry and talent acquisition experience to every project to skillfully navigate unique sourcing hurdles.
And, like all of Hudson RPO’s services, the extra sourcing power provided by our virtual network can be turned higher or lower, depending on your fluctuating business needs.
In recruiting, ‘sourcing’ refers to the process of identifying and attracting elite candidates for current and future roles.
An essential early step in the overall recruitment process, sourcing is defined by extensive research, hiring market analysis, and creative outreach to top-tier talent.
Sourcing in recruitment benefits from multilingual talent acquisition skills. Talent sourcing as a recruitment service evolved in response to today’s talent-driven hiring market and emerging technologies.
Where once recruiters managed early-stage talent sourcing, discovering exceptional candidates now requires strategic research. Sourcers must be able to parse through mountains of information available through job boards, social media, and professional groups.
After pinpointing promising talent, sourcers shift to networking and relationship building. Extensive career platforms and social networks give professionals at every level an unprecedented understanding of the job market and new opportunities in their field—even when they aren’t actively looking to change roles.
Through authentic communication and sustained engagement, sourcers build pools of skilled talent who would consider the right opportunity offered by the right enterprise. These deeply established connections give companies the edge in attracting the best and brightest in their industry when mission-critical roles open, or hiring needs accelerate.
Sourcing is a foundational, proactive hiring strategy. As a result, the process reduces the high recruitment costs and poor hires associated with reactive hiring.
Other sourcing benefits include:
- Faster, streamlined hiring
- Access to niche, industry-specific talent
- Lowered need for agencies
- Higher volume of quality, at-the-ready talent
Finally, sourcing is a flexible function that can accelerate or slow down based on hiring requirements and market changes.
Today’s most innovative sourcing strategies include:
- Talent mapping: identifying and mapping skilled talent by role and industry
- Active talent pooling: developing at-the-ready talent pools through professional network building and timely communication
- Compensation analysis: researching competitor compensation and perks, and talent expectations to improve candidate engagement rates
- Sourcing technology: using research and candidate management tools to discover and engage quality candidates
- Predictive analytics: tracking candidate behaviors that signal interest in changing roles for greater outreach and candidate engagement
- Global sourcing: language and local cultural fluency is a must when sourcing regional talent for a global workforce
The sourcing toolbox is ever evolving. Highly effective sourcers adapt their strategies and harness technology creatively to match the shifting demands of specific companies and the global hiring market.
Sourcing and recruiting are both essential talent acquisition services leveraged at different stages of the hiring process. Sourcing focuses on the top of the hiring funnel and recruiting takes over once candidates are sourced for specific roles.
Strategic sourcers create talent pipelines, research competitor workforces and industry-specific compensation packages, and communicate skillfully with professionals who have limited bandwidth and are not actively seeking other opportunities.
In the past, there was significant overlap between sourcing and recruiting, and in many instances the recruiter managed sourcing. Today, however, sourcing has evolved into a specialty that requires a distinct blend of interpersonal, technical, and research skills.
Active talent pools
Do you have an ongoing hiring need for a specific role type or job family?
Hudson RPO’s virtual sourcing network creates active talent pools of qualified candidates who, based on our AI-powered predictive analytics, have indicated interest in changing careers.
We then qualify, engage, and stack rank the candidates using live interviews and outreach, plus AI messaging apps.
Our sourcing solution includes
- Talent mapping
- Talent sourcing and pipelining
- Candidate longlisting
- Industry specialized sourcing
- Competitive market analysis
- Compensation analysis
- Onsite or offsite sourcing team capabilities
- Ability to support all key global languages
- Candidate communication, management, and tracking
- AI-powered predictive analytics, screening, and chatbot platforms
What do you get from strategic sourcing?
- Streamlined hiring
- Increased hiring speed
- Access to niche talent
- Lowered agency costs
- Higher volume of skilled, at-the-ready talent
Need candidate relationship management (CRM) technology?
Get your talent pipeline up and running in just 30 days with Hudson RPO’s InGenium, our proprietary CRM system.
Couple this with our talent pooling service of candidate identification, qualification, engagement, and ongoing communication to have candidates ready for your open roles.