The branded workplace: from the start, your image counts
Workplaces today are creating exclusive employer brands to attract the best people in their industry. It’s no longer a game reserved for the tech giants of the world, but rather the norm for the most competitive organizations in every space.
You know your organization is a great place to work, with its vibrant culture, opportunities for growth, and exceptional benefits. But are candidates getting that message? Today, an appealing, accessible, and authentic employee value proposition (EVP) is a must to draw and retain top talent in any industry.
Hudson RPO’s Employer Branding experts help optimize candidate and employee communications across touch points, from your careers site to your social media strategy to your job fair presence.
Employer branding is a recruitment strategy that clarifies and shares the values, workplace culture, and business goals of a company.
The essential elements of a high-value employer brand:
- Authenticity. Build your employer brand on input from your existing employees.
- Industry and regional focus. What matters most to talent varies across sectors and regions.
- Alignment with your company brand. A clear connection between your employer brand and customer brand supports authenticity.
- Accessibility. Your employer brand should be easy to find through your career website, marketing, and social platforms.
- Actionable analysis. Track the results of your employer brand so you can adjust and improve.
Authentic employer branding helps companies stand out from competitors in a talent-driven market. Top candidates do their research before responding to job postings, and employees monitor their company’s position as an employer.
Having a positive and discoverable employer brand in place gives candidates an understanding of your organization, which improves employee retention and engagement.
Employer branding tailored to you
From employer brand strategy, messaging, and value propositions, to brand audits, assessments, and competitor reviews, you choose what you need. Your custom package could also include candidate-and-employee communications and engagement, as well as:
- Career site development
- Social media strategy and execution
- Brand communication management
- Strategy results tracking and reporting
Strong brands drive engagement
Employer branding drives business outcomes through targeted employee engagement. A strategic employer brand can also:
- Improve quality of hire
- Build a valued company culture
- Improve candidate attraction and engagement
- Reduce hiring costs through improved time-to-fill
- Enhance employee loyalty, retention, and engagement
Employer Branding in Real Life
A luxury European automaker engaged us to launch a nationwide careers-specific website and social recruiting programs. The program drives an additional 1,000 applicants (average) per month.
After an industry scandal, a global pharmaceutical giant struggled with hiring. We presented research on overcoming negative publicity and made recommendations on better candidate communications.
A prestigious automaker needed to increase enrollment for its mechanic training programs. We built a website and deployed social recruiting, causing class fill rate to jump from 60% to 91%.
A global paper manufacturer needed a competitive hiring edge. We studied competitive websites, EVPs, employee programs, and social presence, and reported on recommended enhancements.
A global digital media agency in NYC needed to develop a competitive edge to attract top digital media talent. We conducted an employer brand competitive analysis and provided recommendations.
The company was struggling to fill machinist and sales roles in a key US city. We analyzed competitors in the market and made recommendations to senior leadership.